Friday, February 21, 2014

Metallic =/= Pearlized?

paint, man. 
I have zero knowledge of paint and types and all that.  All I know is that Walmart does not sell pearlized white paint.  They do, however, sell metallic white paint whose name is "Pearl White."  For $1.47, I figured why not give it a shot?

I tested it on the plate and let it dry and it dried nice and pearlescent, so I'm gonna go on ahead with it.  Now, what it is remains a slight mystery.  See, as with always, I don't know for sure what I want Cecil to look like.  I was informed today that the doll shipped and will be here Monday, and I still don't quite know what I'm doing with it.  Namely: his hair.  I was thinking of mixing ivory with a drop or two of this shimmery white to paint the majority of his hair, and then the brushed up bit that's all messy I was thinking of painting straight up with this pearly white.  The ivory bit however I was thinking of painting over with traces of pale green and pale violet and pale amber.  I kind of like the idea that his hair is iridescent because I pretty much just associate him with color in every way (his eyes change color like a mood ring, he can see emotions as color auras on those around him, he dresses in clashy bright colors all the time, etc.) so I was thinking iridescent, sort of multicolored hair.  But then I was thinking of maybe incorporating light purple into the messy bit.  I'm not sure.  

Anyway, the answer to the question is yes, metallic = pearlized where white is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment