Friday, March 14, 2014

The Post with the Patterns!

First off, here's pictures of the shoulder strap, suspender setup I was trying to describe.
The stitch job is iffy because my machine doesn't like sewing elastic, but for doll clothes it works.

I finished the lab coat yesterday.
 

it was a whole lot of fudging everything, all the edges are sealed with fray check instead of hemming (because the muslin is so thin that hems would look crappy through the seams), and I literally made up the collar lapels as I went along.  I gave it a really generous bottom hem though because I wanted it to have some weight and also because the coat was really long.
I gave him some illegal pens made of embroidery floss because Carlos is such a rebel

The sleeves I left a little short because I wanted to be able to roll the long cuffs of his plaid shirt up over the coat sleeves.  

So now the moment everybody's been waiting for (I'm kidding, but not really kidding because before I started this project I scoured craft blog after craft blog and got excited when I saw Lalaloopsy patterns and disappointed when they all turned out to be dresses.  so yes, this would be that golden post I was waiting for) here are some scans of my patterns! 

I neatly traced around the edges and labeled them in the most legible handwriting I can attempt, but please keep in mind just how sketchy my sewing process has been.  these patterns are just the base and from here you may have to trim and cut and alter and adjust as necessary.  if you have a general knowledge of sewing basic clothes, then this should all be fairly simple to tweak.  

be sure to zoom these in to 100% before printing off.  also to note: I used 1/4" seams for almost everything.  


 

I couldn't get my scanner to not cut off 1/8" all around the paper, so just be aware of that with the edge pieces.  

if you have any questions about anything on these patterns, leave a comment here and I'll do my best to attempt to help!  

The dolls are both done now, and this weekend I should be able to get nice pictures of them to post. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment